Now Accepting ATHENA Award Nominations
The ATHENA® Leadership Award celebrates exemplary leadership and is reflective of a quote by Plato: What is honored in a country will be cultivated there. Over 8,000 ATHENA awards have been presented since the program’s inception in 1982.
Presented to leaders across professional sectors, the ATHENA Leadership Award’s rich history, international scope and focus on mentorship development, supporting and honoring women leaders distinguish it as one of the most prestigious leadership awards one can receive.
The ideal candidate will embody the eight principles of enlightened leadership, including:
- Living authentically
- Constantly learning
- Advocating fiercely
- Acting courageously
- Fostering collaboration
- Building relationships
- Giving back
ATHENA Leadership Award nominees must meet each of the following three criteria:
- Has achieved the highest level of professional excellence
- Contributes time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community
- Actively assists others, particularly women, in realizing their full leadership potential
- ATHENA Leadership Award nominees may represent either the profit or not-for-profit sector.
- Previous ATHENA Leadership Award recipients are not eligible for nomination; however, past nominees may be nominated again.
- There is no minimum or maximum age qualification that must be met by ATHENA Leadership Award nominees.
COMPLETING THE FORM
- You are encouraged to work closely with your nominee to complete their nomination.
- Nominations for the ATHENA Leadership Award must be submitted using this nomination form and format.
- You may include supporting documents (articles, testimonials, etc.) with your completed nomination form.
Electronic submission via email (elyons@MBAmi.org) is preferred. Or you may return completed forms to the Midland Business Alliance, 300 Rodd Street, Ste. 101, Midland MI 48640.
Nomination deadline is Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
The ATHENA Award recipient will be announced at the MBA Annual Meeting on October 14, 2021, held at the Great Hall Banquet and Convention Center.