Michigan Small Business Restart Program
Applications are open for the Michigan Small Business Restart Program! The Midland Business Alliance is among the Economic Development Organizations to review and distribute funds across all 83 counties in Michigan for qualifying small businesses in Midland County. Look over this criteria and submit your application through 11:59 p.m. on August 5.
This is not a first-come-first-served grant process. All applications will be reviewed following the closure of the acceptance period on August 5.
You are eligible (Please apply!) if:
- Your company has 50 employees or less.
- Your company is a business or nonprofit that can demonstrate it is affected by the COVID-19 emergency.
- You need working capital to support eligible expenses.
- You plan to use funds to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, or other similar expenses.
- You demonstrate an income loss as result of the COVID-19 emergency.
- You have not received a grant through the Michigan Strategic Fund’s Michigan Small Business Relief Program (Check with Nicole Wilson, VP of Economic Development – firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure)
- If your organization received support through other COVID-19 relief programs, including the Michigan Small Business Relief Program loans, you are eligible to apply.
- At least 30 percent of the funds awarded will be awarded to women-owned, minority-owned, or veteran-owned eligible businesses*.
Click here to apply.
Diverse Business Definitions
Minority-Owned means, as applied to an otherwise Eligible Business, that the Eligible Business is at least fifty-one percent (51%) directly and unconditionally owned and controlled by one or more, or any combination of; Black or African Americans; Hispanic Americans; Native Americans (Alaska natives, native Hawaiians, or enrolled members of a federally or State recognized Indian tribe); Asian Americans; Arab or Middle Eastern Americans.
Woman-Owned means that the Eligible Business is at least fifty-one percent (51%) directly and unconditionally owned and controlled by one or more women in addition to meeting all other eligibility requirements.
Veteran-Owned means that the Eligible Business is at least fifty-one percent (51%) directly and unconditionally owned and controlled by one or more veterans of any military branch of the United States in addition to meeting all other eligibility requirements.