All of our member benefits and promotional opportunities are listed below.
FREE Business Promotion
The MBA offers the ability for large companies to connect with other local businesses, especially small local businesses and non-profits. Any business can afford to market their business by taking advantage of the FREE opportunities available with their membership.
- Ability to post coupons to offer discounts to members and the general public.
- Post Community Events.
- Market your event to our young professionals through the MYPros Marquee. To get your event included, please email a jpg or PDF file to mfarley@MBAmi.org.
- Receive two directory listings in both our online and print publications. You are listed where people are searching for goods and services.
- Complete your online directory listing. Add a “take action” business description, connect your website and add your social media accounts.
- Submit your business accomplishments in a press release to MBA@MBAmi.org.
- Host a ribbon cutting. Ribbon cuttings are held for newly opened business, large expansion or major remodel, moved to a new location, under new ownership and commemorative/milestone anniversaries (10, 25, 50 years).
- Attend member ribbon cuttings and make connections while learning about the community.
- Post job openings in for your company.
- Refer three new members to the MBA in one year and receive a free enhanced listing.
- Volunteer for the MBA to help better the community through Midland Blooms.
New Member Benefits and Business Promotions
New members receive all the FREE business promotions listed above that are available to all members plus:
- Business appears as a new member on our website for the first 45 days of membership.
- New member recognition on Twitter via the MBA’s account.
- New member recognition in our weekly E-Newsletter.
- Announced as a new member and receive two complimentary passes to attend our most popular event, WakeUp! Midland. Each month an average of 300 + community leaders attend WakeUp! Midland to find out what is going on in the business community.
Additional New Member Help
You will not feel lost on how to maximize your success as a member!
- An Ambassador will mentor you through your first six months of membership and introduce you to others at events.
- You’ll receive special new member emails reminding you to take advantage of benefits so you don’t miss out.
- Personal meeting with the Director of Membership to answer your questions, learn how to use your online account and take the guesswork out of your chamber membership so your business can maximize success based on your individual needs.
- Use new member offers from other members to help save you money.
Non-Profit Membership Benefits
Non-Profit members receive all the FREE business promotions available to all members and if they are a first time member to the MBA, they will receive the new member benefits and business promotions listed above and enjoy the following non-profit benefits:
- The membership investment for non-profits is our lowest investment amount of $250. All employees and board members can attend events.
- Non-profits can purchase our mailing list for only $25 instead of $100 when doing fundraisers. This provides you with the mailing addresses of our almost 1,000 members.
- WakeUp! Midland offers a special rate of $100 for non-profit sponsors to showcase their offering.
- Plus, the Non-Profit category has been the number one searched category on our website out of 500 different business categories since 2012. You want to be listed where people are searching!
Small Business Membership Benefits
Small business members (25 or less full time employees) receive all the FREE business promotions available to all members and if they are a first time member to the MBA, they will receive the new member benefits and business promotions and enjoy the following small business benefits:
- Small Business Programs– Since the small business owners have limited resources and time to hire staff to do their marketing, sales, accounting, social media, etc., we provide a quarterly breakfasts, workshops and more. The topics are relevant to small business and owners and employees are welcome to attend. Click here for upcoming events.
- Sales Lead Roundtables – Participation with a Sales Lead Roundtable is a great way to network with a group of business people committed to helping you grow your business. With a sales lead group on Tuesday and Thursday, the Sales Lead Roundtables are at an all time high for participation!
- US Chamber Small Business Tools – When you join the MBA, you are automatically a member of the US Chamber as a federation partner and have access to several toolkits, small business resources, and you’ll receive savings at Sam’s Club and FedEx.
- Legislative Voice – As a small business owner, you might not have time to follow legislative issues or know where to turn when your business needs assistance. The MBA is actively engaged in legislative matters on a national, state, regional and local basis. As our strategic plan states, our goal is to strengthen the MBA’s role as the non-partisan “voice of business” in matters of legislative affairs and public policy that impact the organization’s membership.
- Affordable sponsorship opportunities to reach your target market.
Large Business & Corporations Membership Benefits
Large businesses and corporations receive all the FREE business promotions available to all members and if they are a first time member to the MBA, they will receive the new member benefits and business promotions and enjoy the following business benefits:
- Being a member demonstrates the commitment of large companies to the well being of the Midland community through civic projects such as Midland Blooms.
- The MBA gives your employees opportunities to learn and practice leadership skills that make them more valuable to your company.
- Access to regional opportunities and contacts.
- Effective advocacy representation.
- Access to resource data such as demographic and economic reports.
- Informational programs to create greater awareness of community news, business trends, etc.